Friday, October 10, 2008

Ba a successful L2 learner

[Summary]
Many researchers had studied about the second language learners who is learning a new language, which is different from mother tongue. The researchers have found that learning second language may be taken form school either society. In the twentieth century, learning English was target,but concern for the people who wants to learn English for both young and elder people. There are several way to divide into the learning strategies by inner mental mechanisms, age, and critical age. Some researchers have argued about the psycholinguistic way of learning, which they have questioned that there are any specific age of learning English of are second language that can learn faster than older people and this is left as temporary.
Moreover, as an individual learners, it can be divided by two major factors: cognitive factor, which focuses on Language aptitude and strategies and the other one is affective factors, which focuses on Language attitude, motivation and anxiety. In like manner, the learner as social being may build the learner's identity and relationship which is dynamic changing.

[Personal Response]
I agree what the author says about.I am also second language learner, but not as a young learner. I am strongly agree that young people may assimilate quickly than grown people because I noticed when I heard one of my nephew, who is five year old, speaks in English so fluently. He actually came to the United States in January of 2008: the thing is he never learned English in his five year life before. I was amazed by his excellent transform in just half year!!! Unbelievable.. and he makes me to wonder about my ability of learning language that I could be like him in half year or not. As he gave me sort of motive, which makes my brain sparks, I could think of myself that I want to test my ability as quickest as possible. I guess it is impossible to learn English like when a little girl just starts learning her first language from people and environment.However, if I have anxiety to build my ability and try to consider to make my own strategies in learning English , that could be possible to make it closely. I hope : )

3 comments:

Ann said...

I agree to your idea. And You also have a very good opinion and reasonable. Good Job Temmi!

LekNuntida said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LekNuntida said...

I think you are close to your target now. You speak English fluently. I like your pronunciation and maybe your excellent nephew has learned from you^^.