Friday, October 24, 2008

Sunday in the Park

Sunday in the Park
1. Author’s Point of view

- What message does the author send us?

: The author is trying to show the point of differences through two people, who has different behavior, background and socio-economy. Morton, Larry’s father, were actually trying to say something why he got anger to the big man, but he couldn’t say or show anything even if he closely lost his temper toward to the big man that him and his child are showing some kind of rude attitude which they don’t know what is wrong.

- What is he telling us trough this incident.

: The author is telling that the people should be educated by parent, school or surrounding to be able to think and perceive well so that they could live more worthy than people who just spend time and doing whatever they want to do. It is truly important to people have ability to realize the world is not just one’s territory: be more mature will be needed.

2. Personal reflection.

- Have you ever encountered situation (like this), which you had to make a decisionto face or walk away.

: I have been experienced like this situation many times from anywhere at campus and also off campus. I think I am going to try to face with that situation clearly but politely because when I confront with any situation that whoever shows unthoughtful manner especially in public, I guess those kind of people just execute because they do not think carefully or may be they just do not know what they are doing. Besides, if that attitude makes me uncomfortable or annoying, which might other people would feel same as I do.

- What happened?

: It was early in the morning before go to classroom. I was going to grab a cup of coffee at the bookstore and stay in a line to pay for it. Actually the line was pretty long because it was very beginning of the quarter. I think I had been waiting for about five to ten minutes. It wasn’t that long time and I saw one girl right in front of me called somebody and said hello. I was talking on the phone shortly, but I could figure out that they just met at the bookstore. Than guess what? The two girls who looked like the girl’s, who was standing in front of me, friends suddenly intruded into the line without saying anything to people behind. I felt little irritation and actually expressed little uncomfortableness secretly and waited them to say “sorry” to me or saying any vindications so I, include others, can understand and let them stay in the line. I heard some people behind me talked about them asked that we are waiting in the line, but unfortunately, they just ignored and talked very loudly. Fianlly, I got angry little bit, I actully gave them a chance to say whatever, but they didn't, so I prodded a girl's shoulder, and said "we're waiting in a line.". Than? theire first reaction was "oh....". Thankfully, they walked to very end of the line. It was not that big issue and I was in a safe line to get to classroom, but that made me sad. Truly.

No comments: